Sunday, April 20, 2008

3 weeks and 5 days post surgery

I am doing quite well now. Initially I had some trouble with my draining tube, it really irritated my abdominal muscles and I had to have it removed prematurely. But since then, I am the picture of health. My incisions only have the tiniest scabs left and I feel really good. I am under 300 lbs for the first time in years! WOO-HOO!
I went home to visit my friends and family in St Louis this weekend and my friends said they could definitely see a difference in me already. I don't notice too much, ut then again I see meyself everyday. Even so, it was very nice to hear! My mom tried to take my jeans I was wearing because she said they are too big on me now and she wants them. So I felt pretty proud of myself, for the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to what the future holds for me. i have been heavy since I was around 8 years old. I don't know what I will look like when I am normal. it is scary and exciting all at the same time.


I go in for my one month check up later this week and I hope they give me the green light to start exercising. I have already lost 32 lbs post surgery and I want to help it along! I even bought a BICYCLE! It is so cute. That is it up top. I am so happy to be able to even think about the possibility of riding a bike. At my highest weight, I think I would have just crushed it! The future is just possibilities right now! I can't wait to buy my first clothes in a normal store and on and on.
On other notes, I graduate from my masters program in less that one month! Wow has time flown. Doug is again flying here to be with me. I cannot explain how much this means to me. I don't always know where we stand, but I know he loves me and for now, I am grateful for that.
I do not start my new job until 6 weeks after graduation, so I am going traveling. I can't wait to feel the difference in those tiny airplane seats once I have lost weight. I never let my weight stop me from doing anything, but it definitely made me uncomfortable!
So wish me luck on my check up. Hopefully the doctors will be happy with me!

No comments:

Weight Chart