Saturday, March 8, 2008

Introduction


First things first I guess. I will introduce myself, though I doubt anyone but myself will ever read this.

My name is AJ. I just turned 30 years old and I am 17 days away from my gastric bypass procedure. This is not something I decided to do over night. After long consideration and numerous attempts at dieting, I have decided to take my future into my own hands and become a new person.

I am about to finish my masters degree (3 months to go!) and I don't want my physical appearance to hold me back. I am also watching my mother, who taught me to be the strong woman I am, slowly deteriorate and become nothing like the woman who raised me. i cannot suffer her fate, so I am taking this drastic step to change.

Here's to all the people out there who are summarily dismissed due to their appearance. I know the beauty that is hidden and I am working to show everyone else what I am truly made of.


Here is a picture of me day one. Hopefully this will change immensely over the next year. Welcome to my journey.

No comments:

Weight Chart