Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 6 Liquid Diet

So here I am, day 6. I am very proud of myself. I have not have a single bite of food in 6 days! I've had soup, smoothies and loads of milk and that is it. I am actually getting used to it I think.



One thing I am incredibly grateful for is coffee. It is still on the ok to consume list and I thank god every day for that. I'd be a mess without my caffeine.



So, I am currently sitting in the hospital waiting for my appointment time to arrive for my pre-surgery bone density exam. I woke up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am to get to the hospital by 7. I was told to fast from 9 pm until after my ultrasound. Which I did, and now I am enjoying a wonderrful cup of joe.



Once I arrived at the hospital, I was led to "the room" you know the one I mean. the one where the smiling lady comes at you with a needle and a handful of little tubes to fill. When I got there, my lady looked and the list and I swear I am not exaggerating, pulled one of every tube they had on the table and then some from the drawer. I told her no one can find my arm veins, they always use my hand, but like every needle pusher I've ever met, they think they are the "one" who can find the arm vein. Soin spite of my whining protests, verging on tears, she proceeded to poke me in both arms 4 times until she finally relented and took the blood from the vein I told her to use in the first place.

So after finishing my inspection I was given the green light and about 250 pages worth of instructions to follow for the day of surgery.

It still feels a bit surreal and I think deep down that they will cancel on me. I don't know why but I somehow feel that I don't deserve this. i guess that is normal, but I don't know. I really wish I had talked to other people who have already been here. I guess that is why I am writing this blog. Hopefully someone will find it and it will help them.

No comments:

Weight Chart