Sunday, November 23, 2008

Promises Promises

OK folks, I promised to catch you up on my life, so here it goes:
  • staying with my parents - hard to do at 30 yrs old
  • Saw DJ last weekend - separating again is almost physically painful
  • therefore: must find job in Phoenix or in a city within a few hours drive (if you know of any, holler!)
  • weight loss stalled - creeping back to old habits with the fam and no exercise (shame on me)
So here is where the post begins.  Since I moved back (temporarily!) I have not worked out once! NOT ONCE!  I felt awful.  So three days ago i joined a gym.  Now since i don't plan to be here more than a couple of months, I do not want to sign a contract with one of the big fancy gyms and since the YMCA in my town costs as much per month as a suite at the Ritz Carlton, I joined the local grungy meathead gym.  This gym is designed for and frequented by big time body builder dudes.  I have gone every day since joining and I have not seen another woman there ever.  And the gym has at least 5 dozen different weight machines and 4, yes 4, cardio machines.  But meatheads don't do cardio, so I get them all to myself!  So it really works out, they use the weights, I use the cardio.  They give me funny looks, I put in my earbuds, blast some Pat Benetar and then blast some fat.  But in just three days I am already feeling better. Lost some weight again, getting back on track.  I just need to stick to it!

I promise I will expand on some of the other stuff later, but for now, my message is this.  WLS is not a fix all, I still need to work!

3 comments:

ME-chele said...

hello there, just found your blog thru Alans site.. Seems you and i are about the same when it comes to our weight loss journey.. Keep up your good work.

Me-Chele

Amber said...

Sorry you're having a bummy time AJ. But this is all transitional, and things will change soon!

Good for you on the gym! I'm soooooo bad, I don't do much along the lines of exercise at all. Just whatever activity we do on the weekend. I really need to get my butt in gear and start doing something more regularly.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! My name is Chrissy, and I am in the process of getting my insurance to approve surgery. I found your blog and have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading every entry. It is wonderful to see someone my own age go through the process. At lease I am getting a heads up on what to expect. So, congratulations to you on your wonderful accomplishment and thanks for sharing it!

Weight Chart