Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to business

I am done with the political stuff and am promising i will return to my normal set of topics.

Which is what you ask?  Oh whatever is on my mind.  These days it has been a mixture of weight loss issues, unemployment, relationships, the economy and on and on.  A couple of people have messaged me asking me not to voice my opinion about politics since this blog's purpose was to follow my WLS progress.  While I understand your point, you must understand that I am a person, not just a WLS patient.  and with my humanity comes a infinite number of opinions, emotions and concerns.  This is my blog and I will write about whatever I choose because writing helps me release pent up emotions and as the name of the blog indicates, it is cathartic.

I don't think I was ever disrespectful or hurtful.  And I know that I have the right to my opinion.  So if you don't agree with me that is fine.  That is America, that is why we hold elections.  And the people spoke last night and we elected a new leader.  If you don't agree with me, then tell me why.  Lets talk about it!  But please DON'T ASK ME TO SHUT UP!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Seriously?! Wow, sorry you got those messages. But I'm thinking some people sure do have a lot of nerve! :)

rouge said...

Well said. Apparently we don't agree politically but we do agree on one thing - you're hot! ;-)

Unknown said...

I can't believe people would e-mail you to censor yourself on your own blog. If those people are reading this, get a clue, a life, a hobby, something. While I don't agree with probably most of your political views, that doesn't mean I get upset and e-mail you to shut up on your own blog! Geez! People never cease to amaze me. Although if I were you, I'd be more interested in who Rouge is and how hot they think you are!!! =)

Weight Chart